Uji (宇治) is a small city situated between Kyoto and Nara, two of Japan's most famous historical and cultural centres. It’s famously known for its green tea. While Kozanji Temple in Kyoto is believed to be the original site of tea cultivation in Japan, Uji's tea became better known for its superior quality in the 1100s.
Our journey began at Kyot...
1. Add 1/2 a level tsp (around 1g) of matcha into a cup.
2. Add a dash of cold water & mix with an electric/bamboo whisk.
3. Add a drop of vanilla & 1 tsp honey to your hot/cold milk of choice and whisk.
4. Pour your milk into the cup of matcha.
No Extra Calories Method
1. Add 1/2 a level tsp (around 1g) of matcha ...
Matcha comes from the same plant that all teas are grown from however it is the harvest and growth style that makes it different to other green and black variety of teas and to make a really delicious Matcha you need to carefully take each of the steps to create a brightly coloured, frothy drink that you will want to devour until the very last ...