For the syrup:
- 250g Strawberries
- 100g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla paste
For the Matcha Latte:
- ½ level tsp (1 level matcha scoop) PureChimp Matcha Tea
- 200ml Milk of choice (we used Coconut)
- 1 cup of Ice
To make the syrup:
1. Add chopped strawberries, sugar and a dash of water to a saucepan and put on a medium heat.
2. Begin to mash the strawberries and simmer for 10 mins without a lid until reduced.
3. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
4. Strain through a sieve and leave to cool.
5. Bottle and store your strawberry syrup in the fridge. It will keep for up to three weeks.
To make the Latte:
1. Fill a glass with ice.
2. In a separate glass, whisk the matcha with a dash of water.
3. Top it up with 150ml of milk, whisk again and pour over ice.
4. With the remaining milk, add 1tsp of strawberry syrup and whisk.
5. Pour the strawberry milk into the glass on top of the matcha latte*
*If you warm the milk slightly, you can create a lighter frothy strawberry foam, and it looks cool when poured on top.