- Short-crust pastry (shop bought or homemade)
- 5 eggs
- 125ml double cream
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 lemons – juice
- 2 tsp PureChimp Lemon Matcha
- Whipped cream
- Lemon zest
- PureChimp Lemon Matcha
1. Grease a 23cm tart tin and pre heat the oven to 200C.
2. Carefully line the tin with your Short-Crust pastry. If you’ve made your own pastry, roll it out to around 5mm thickness.
3. Press the pastry to the edges of the tin and prick the base lightly with a fork.
4. Cover with cling film and chill for 30mins in the fridge.
5. Once chilled remove the cling film from the tart and line the inside with tin foil, fill the base with baking beans or dried lentils/rice.
6. Bake the pastry base for 12-15 mins and remove from the oven.
7. Using a sharp knife trim away any excess pastry. Slicing away from you whilst rotating the tin.
8. Bake again for a further 10 mins without the foil and baking beans on 170C heat.
9. Once pastry base is pale golden brown and completely dry, remove from the oven to cool.
10. For the filling, break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together with a wire whisk. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and whisk again until they are all well combined. Pour the filling mixture into a jug, then into the cooled baked pastry case.
11. Bake for a further 30mins until the filling has set with a slight wobble.
12. Leave the tart to cool, remove from tin and top with whipped cream, lemon zest and a sprinkling of PureChimp Lemon Matcha.