- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp hot water
- 70g gluten-free plain flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 35g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp PureChimp matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 70g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 120ml coconut oil melted
- 60ml maple syrup - you can use any other liquid sweetener
- 60ml milk of choice
1. Prepare the flaxseeds by mixing 2 tbsp milled flaxseed with 6 tbsp hot water in a small bowl. Leave for 15 minutes to set.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, ground almonds, cocoa, sugar, matcha, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
3. Pour in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and flaxseeds.
4. Transfer into an 8" cake tin lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C (160*C fan assisted)/ 350*F for 20 minutes.
6. Leave to cool completely before slicing.