Kulfi is a traditional Indian ice cream often infused with cardamom, saffron and pistachio. We’ve made this vegan alternative with an additional flavour…Matcha Green Tea. A fragrant and refreshing summer snack.
Ingredients (8 lollies, depending on mould size)
- 400ml cashew nut milk
- 1 tsp (2 level matcha scoops) PureChimp Matcha Tea
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 30g almond flour
- Pinch of saffron
- 1tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 30g chopped pistachios
- 30g desiccated coconut
- Lolly moulds
1. Add the cashew milk, coconut milk, cardamom, vanilla and saffron to a pan and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 mins.
2. In a separate cup, mix a dash of the warm milk with the matcha and whisk. Pour into the pan. This prevents lumpy matcha.
3. Add the almond flour and stir.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the maple syrup and most of the pistachios.
5. Taste the mixture and add extra syrup for more sweetness.
6. Allow the mixture to cool, pour into moulds and freeze.
7. When serving, remove the kulfi from the freezer and allow it to melt slightly. Dip the kulfi in the remaining pistachios, desiccated coconut and if you’re feeling fancy, more saffron!