A delicious, chewy in the middle, sweet treat to accompany your Coconut Matcha Latte.
- 200g (2 1/4 cups) ground almond or almond flour
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 5g (1 tbsp) Purechimp matcha powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150c and line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl, whisk together almond flour, sugar, Purechimp matcha and salt until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites and lemon juice until they hold soft peaks.
- Add egg whites and almond extract to the dry ingredients and stir until mixture forms a soft, sticky dough. Use your hands, no need to be gentle here.
- Lightly dust your hands with powdered sugar. Weigh the dough into 20g pieces and roll into a smooth ball.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar and arrange on lined baking tray, leaving 1 inch of space between cookies.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are cracked and bottoms are just barely golden.
- Leave to cool, store in an air-tight container and enjoy with a Coconut Matcha Latte!