Research shows that some type of fats are actually good for health as they make your body immune to several diseases. Hence, it’s very important to understand benefits of good fat in your daily diet and how to consume it in the right quantity.
Types of Fat:
Understanding fats in medical terms can be very complex, so simply put, fat can be divided into two parts – Saturated Fat and Unsaturated Fat. Butter comes under the saturated fat which if consumed in large quantities can be harmful to health. Whereas, the unsaturated fat is beneficial which mostly contains omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. Food items like olive oil, nuts and fish are rich in Omega -3 and should be consumed regularly by every age group.
Importance of Omega 3
Omega 3 fatty acids are the combination of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic), and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). All these acids might be hard to understand but the most important point is you must include them in your daily diet to remain healthy. The human body can’t produce Omega 3 acids and thus you it's important to get a good source of omega 3 on a daily basis.
Health Benefits of Omega 3
Did you know that by consuming omega-3 fats you can reduce inflammation in your body and protect your body from chronic heart diseases as well as arthritis? For correct brain development, Omega 3 fats should be consumed from a young age.
Benefits of Omega 3 fats:
- Reduces plaque formation in artery and dissolves blood clots in arteries that leads to the brain
- Omega 3 are the only type of fat which fights cholesterol
- Removes stiffness and joint pains
- Maintains calcium levels in women
- Improve mental health
- If you are suffering from any kind of skin disease, consuming Omega 3 fat will improve your skin tone and help to reduce the occurrence of acne
- Reduces inflammation in bowel and also help in reducing Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Improves lung health by reducing inflammation that happens during asthma
- Women can find reduction in menstrual pain if they consume Omega 3 fats on a daily basis
- It can also help to balance your hormones
You can easily get the daily intake of Omega 3 fats from nuts, eggs, grass fed beef and fish. By consuming these foods on a daily basis, you consume sufficient amount of Omega 3 fats that will keep your body healthy for a longer time. You can also use a fish oil or flaxseed oil supplement to help boost the omega 3 in your diet.