When trying to eat healthily knowing what carbohydrates to use with your meal tends to be the biggest obstacle. To make things easier for you we have come up with our Top 5 Carbohydrates.
Enjoy these carbs without piling on the pounds & causing skin problems, unlike their unhealthy counter parts.
All of the below are low gi foods :)
5. Rye Bread - A healthy way for bread lovers to get there kick. Tastes best when toasted. If you like something crispy & quick you can go for Ryvitas (over brands are available).
4. Sweet potato - Another fantastic form of potato. High in folic acid. Only beaten by new potatoes according to our taste test. Being slightly sweet it only goes with certain foods.
3. Quinoa - This one is for the people who love carbohydrates that are also high in protein. Used in a smiler way to rice this makes it a highly versatile product. Particularly good for Vegans that want more protein in their diet.
2. Brown rice - A fantastically versatile healthy carbohydrate that goes well with just about every meal. Contains lots more B vitamins and fibre then it’s white refined friend.
1. New potatoes - 1 of your 5 a day, low go (no sugar spike), high in potassium & an English tradition. This one ticks all the boxes.