How often do you hear somebody say, 'I should just have a salad,' or 'I really ought to take the healthy option'? The hidden implication is that healthy eating is boring or disappointing......
Rather than tell you what you can't do, we're going to tell you what you positively can do and how it will improve every area of your life:
Scoop up some Superfoods
- Matcha green tea has the powerhouse of beverages; up to 137x the antioxidant power of ordinary green tea, gives matcha undisputed abilities in metabolism speeding, calorie burning and system cleansing.
- Spirulina is a micro-algae that has profound effects on the whole body, helping to lower cholesterol, improve memory and reduce stress. Less stress = improved skin.
Get into alternatives to sugar:
- Honey is nature's magic bullet; it contains antiseptic and antibacterial agents that are used, medically, in managing chronic wounds. At the same time, its antioxidant properties wipe out free radicals to boost immunity to carcinogens. It also tastes amazing. Honey with porridge is a perfect heart-boosting, cholesterol-reducing way to start the day.
- Maple syrup is rich in over fifty beneficial compounds, five of which are unique to it alone. Not only does it help manage Type 2 diabetes, it has special anti-inflammatory properties that assist with calming skin conditions.Delicious drizzled on natural yoghurt, it's also a sophisticated addition to matcha green tea or black coffee.
Boost your berry consumption
- Scoffing strawberries is both teeth whitening and gum fortifying, and there's nothing nicer than a healthy white smile. A handful of fresh strawberries provides 70% of your daily vitamin C intake.
- Blueberries contain antioxidants that keep you looking young. Sprinkle blueberries on your cereal or yoghurt for a rejuvenating daily boost.